Sunday, April 7, 2013

Po’alua & Po’akolu

The title of this post is Tuesday and Wednesday in Hawaiian.
DAY 2 IN MAUI
    We started the day with a morning walk on the beach. Soon after we left for the whale watch tour. We got on a boat and cruised the ocean looking for whales for like 3 hours. We saw LOTS of whales. Bonus: we also saw dolphins. We saw 3 swimming along the boat and with the whales.
 Dolphins
Whale blow at the left, top of whale middle, fin of whale right
After our whale tour we went for a drive up he Haleokolea crater; a volcano that is no longer active. The view was pretty incredible. You could see the ocean on both sides of the island. 
I realize this is hard to see. But where the reflective stuff is, is where the ocean starts. Pictures never do a good view justice. Bummer. The drive up to this point was very windy and my mom and I had a hard time going further up. So, we turned back and headed down and then went and watched the surfers at Hookipa. Special bonus: we saw Sea Turtles right by the rocks.





 Getting some Lime in the Coconut
I've never had fresh coconut; it was pretty good. The drink was good...would have been really good cold...
After this adventure we headed back to our hotel and crashed.

DAY 3 IN MAUI
My dad started this day by golfing on a nearby course and Mardie and Gareth had a scuba trip. Mom and I went to the pool and lounged and watched the waves and read our books and got some sun. I was able to facetime with Natalie and the kids on spring break in texas and show them the ocean. We went to dinner that night and then headed to Lahaina for a Magic/Comedy show. It was hilarious. I literally laughed till my cheeks hurt. There were 2 different guys and i liked the second guy better. I wish i could remember some of the things he said, but trust me that it was hilarious. And we sat basically on the front row so we all got to participate a bit. 
 Walk on beach from day 2
 Selfie
 Here today...
 Gone to Maui!



 The Dharma initiative is real y'all!!!!!
Panorama pic from my iphone of Hookipa

No comments:

Post a Comment