Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm a big kid now

Why hello!!!!
Things are turning up in the life of Laura.
First things first:

My Diploma arrived!!!!
Bachelor of Science
Physical Education and Recreation with emphasis in Outdoor Recreation Management!
YAY! It's official!
Then it was my dad's birthday weekend....
I made him his birthday cake this year and i think it was a hit.

Saturday was party day.
For Christmas, my dad got tickets to Brian Regan. 3 tickets...
So, my parents and I went and laughed ourselves to tears!

It was awesome to be so close! Row 5! As an encore he did his classic sketches which included my favorite: "you know the ultimate in looking like an idiot? Walking into a spiderweb".
So that was great and lots of fun. After Brian Regan we went to the Jazz game!
My parents had suite tickets and got me lower bowl seats.
So, my friend Jake joined me and we had a great night!
It was fun to cheer for the Jazz and Jimmer.

So, it was a great weekend.
I've gotten into Scramble with Friends and my mom and I play each other all the time.
My mom has always been amazing at boggle, so she usually kicks my butt. There have been a few times that i have beaten her though, and i screen shot it every time i win! Proof!
So there ya have it!
In other news.... Back in November i applied for a job in Sheridan, Wyoming.
I was super excited about the job description but didn't hear anything back...until end of december.
So, i had a phone interview with them and was still excited about the job.
A week after the interview they called again and they want me to come out there.
He said they are paying for gas and hotel for me. They want to take me to dinner and get to know me better. They raised the salary they would pay me since i have a 4 year degree and they usually hire ppl with a 2 year. He mentioned that he had looked at some places that i could live as well. I am driving up there on sunday with my awesome cousin and road trip partner Elise. They have not offered me the job, but it seems like they are planning on it. But, because i don't for sure know, i haven't made any serious plans. I do have my provo apartment contract for sale, but if they do offer me the job, the next two weeks will be so stressful and hectic. I mean, i'm super stressed right now. Thinking about what if's and what i need to do and everything.
Deep breath. oooo.
OK, so there you have it. Say a prayer for me that all will work out!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for you for the job! I hope it works out for you! Sounds like a great opportunity!! Looks like a great and bright future for ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go laura! Im always rooting for team laura....the cake looks good i want some.

    ReplyDelete