Sunday, October 6, 2013

Eight and Half of Nine

August (eight) ended with pool parties and trying to soak up every last ounce of sun we could! For FHE one night we were at this amazing house of a high council member. Water slide, rope swing and waterfalls. It was a really fun night. I love my ward.




In September (nine) we gained a new....hobby? Toy? Adventure? Either way. Here it is. The scooter.



I spotted her at a garage sale of all places and asked the owner what the price was. About $700 is what he told us. We left and i went back with my dad to talk details. Long story short, it is now ours. We had to get a new battery, an oil change, a helmet and get it registered. Now that's all done- i have to get a motorcycle license...It'll probably be spring until that happens.

Anyway. I finally made a trip to the zoo on an overcast day with my mom and the hale family. I really only have one goal when i go to the zoo. See the polar bear.
 This year there was a Lego display of animals

 96,000 lego bricks in this polar bear



This polar bear puts on a show! Comes right up to the windows. 
I love her and want one of my own.
We also saw the bird show.
This is a MUST see!
It was so fun, entertaining and just plain cool.
 I got tickets to the Bee's game when they made it to the playoffs. This game was a fireworks game and dollar hotdog night! Booyah!


 My favorite Hokulia Shaved Ice. It's amazing! Peach, vanilla and Raspberry topped w/ sweetened condensed milk.

Mom and dad split the biggest one and it was gone in seconds!
So Fall finally arrived and i am still not really accepting of the idea...I miss summer...already!
But, with fall comes some wonderful things.
Including:
BYU FOOTBALL


So my dad couldn't come to the first home game because of the MOTAB concert with James Taylor. But my mom and I went and were not aware of what was about to happen. We got to orem and decided the clouds looked threatening so we stopped in macey's and bought some poncho's. A couple blocks from where we park just down the street from the stadium, the rains came in. Literally haven't seen a downpour like that in Utah before. It was insane. So the game ended up being delayed for 2 hours and we were NOT prepared for that. I was in shorts and flip flops for weather that had just dropped 20 degrees and we didn't eat before. The game finally was allowed to start and what a surprise it was! BYU kicked the Texas Longhorns' butt! I was amazed. I thought we would put up a good fight and lose, but i was WRONG! WOO HOO!
You know what else fall in Utah brings? That's right, The Utah State Fair! My friend Melissa and I took trax down to the fairpark and met up with Becca and Nick (my cousins) and their friends.
 Cheesecake dipped in chocolate

 The BIGGEST cow I have EVER seen!


Boston Cream Pie Funnel Cake
I had about 1/4 of this...
And to finish this post off: an adorable picture of me with my newest nephew Dane
In a few weeks i'll be able to finish off the month of september and give you half of octobler! 
Until then, be kind to one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment