Thursday, August 29, 2013

Part 1 of August 2013

August began nice and hot, just the way I like it! (This past week has been cloudy and rainy and I have dearly missed the 100 degree weather). My uncle Ward for married here in Utah the first weekend of August. A couple days before we had a family BBQ/gathering and my other uncle and aunt brought my grandma and grandpa Anderson with them. They haven't been to Utah in a LONG time so it was nice to have them come! 
Grandma Anderson meeting new baby Dane! 
There were a lot of kids during the family gathering so Jill and I went outside and played with chalk. We traced the kids so they could color themselves in. I had Jill trace me and I tried to do a cool pose. Success? 
During the wedding I went to seven peaks with Becca. It was a good day. Always is at the Provo peaks!
89 and 94 years old and still going strong. How cute are they?!
The next week I was able to go in late for work and meet Kat Graham from the vampire diaries (and other various projects) and she is a singer as well and I love her music. She was going to the local radio station to promote her new single! So I went and got that chance to meet her and she was so nice and beautiful. She posted a picture of us on her Instagram and had me put my twitter and Instagram name in on her phone. She gave me a signed picture and signed my first season of vampire diaries.
So I got a ton of new followers and likes on my profile and picture. It was fun.
And she went through my pics and liked a few of them. 
12,586 people liked her picture. Only 100 or so liked mine... Haha. 
The next day was a baby shower for my friend Pyper. She lives in OK so it's been awhile since I'd seen her. The rest of the 'laurels of love' were there too so it was nice to catch up. Bonus: my buddy Emily Green Malloy was there and I got to chat with her too!
That Sunday was Dane's baby blessing.

Other fun things that happened the first two weeks of August:
Parade of homes! I didn't go to that many this year since I get off work at 5 and my mom gets off work around 3 and goes right then. 
One house has my knight in shining armor! And this nifty thing I will have one day...
I got to see my friend who recently returned from her mission in Sweden! We are pretty darn close to separated beings. Our time was much too short but needed! 
So there ya have it! The first two weeks of August. Next up: the trip to Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment