Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hot summer sun, a pain in the back and random love

So july was just wonderful! It was so hot and awesome. I loved it! I bought a pass of all passes in June and have been to Seven Peaks  almost once a week since. One weekend Becca rented a couple jet ski's from a guy on KSL and we had a fun day at Utah Lake. Some friends brought a party floater/lounge thing. So we were either on the jet ski's, the party floater or the beach. So i rode the jet ski's a couple times with one of Becca's friends (Eric) who likes to play rough on the waves... His goal was to throw me off- which he did twice, but i'm a fighter so he came off with me both times! I drove a couple times, and once went out by myself and it was so great! It was a wonderful day- pretty much perfect if you ask me! We used my car to haul the jet ski's and i was actually very proud of myself for being able to back the trailer into the water and load/unload. I apparently have some skills that I will thank my dad for teaching me.



Becca lives near the cemetery where Peanut was buried, so i stopped in for a quick visit. It was a beautiful evening!
 
 
 
So a couple months ago i hurt my back playing volleyball. Ever since there will be little pinches sometimes when i bend or move. So i started going to a chiropractor to see if that would help. I went 4 times and found myself even more sore after i would go. I haven't been in a week and a half and my back has been really good. I'm going to continue to ice it and use pain reliever and nurse it back to health, but i am open to any suggestions......
I got a new nephew in July!!!!! Wooo!!! Dane Samuel was born and i loved him instantly! It's so cool that i can feel that much love for this little kid that i don't know. I can only imagine what it's like to be the parent of that little kid you barely know.


It had been a long time since i've been around for a new born! I was in Ohio when Tessa was born and met her when she was 2 months old! So before Tessa, it was Maci who is now 4. I'm grateful that i could go and meet this little guy when i got off work. I wish i could have been there for any of the Texas kids, but what can ya do!
Pioneer Day came and we had tickets to the Bee's game which has become a tradition for me- the firework show afterward is fabulous!

My cousin Scott and his friend with Bumble the Bee.


 Summer means sno cones!!!!!!! Woo! My typical go-to is Cup O Sno.
Until i recently discovered....

Hukolia Shaved Ice
This was the shortboard (which is the smallest advertised size) and it was huge!!!
I've since learned what size and flavor i like!


With all the kids around we try to get them to play outside and this particular day we played with chalk. I decided to trace their outlines so they could color themselves. I had Jill trace me, but i decided to pose and i was pretty happy with how it turned out....


My EMT stuff finally came, so i officialy have my patch, sticker and ID. Woo! I went on a ride-a-long with an ambulance for a couple hours and had a good time. I got to see some typical calls and the coolest part? Flying down the street with the lights and sirens blasting. They told me i could do the IV on the first call we had but it was an elderly gentleman and i didn't want to be responsible for blowing his veins. The paramedics couldn't get it either. But it was all a good experience and i plan to do that more often.

 I just think it is so cute to watch this little girl play. She's just over 2 and so smart and so cute.
 
 We had FHE at Tanner Flat's up little cottonwood canyon and it was just gorgeous!

 My car hit the big 123456!
This is one of my new favorite products!
It really does stay on for so long!
I recommend it!
So there ya have July! It's only the 13th of August and so much has already happened with so much more to come!!! Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment