Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Work, kiddos and a cure

So.
The day after we got back from Hawaii I started my job! Talk about a return to reality. It was kind of brutal. I'm an admin assistant at Prestige Financial Services (a larry miller company). The COO of the company knows my mom and I hosted his event at Miller Motorsports Park last year. It's all about who you know. Kind of hard to handle at times, but its the truth. My position is new at this job so it's been an interesting start. I do a lot of tasks for whoever needs help throughout the company. By the way, there are 350 employees here. So i am the full time receptionist and they had a part time receptionist, but soon discovered they didn't need a part time person up here at the same time as me, so she transferred to another department. There are days where it's slow and I don't have much to do and others are busy. I just have to say how happy I am that i'm not working at MMP this year. I considered applying for my same position as last year but decided against it; which i am grateful for. I don't wake up before 5am, i don't have an hour commute to and from, there is 90% less drama, it's not a windy dust storm every day, i have freedom to take my lunch when i want and my co-workers are truly great. I really have fun and good relationships with a lot of people. Here are some pictures of my nieces and nephews and I being silly...


Last weekend my mom and I participated in the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure for breast cancer. My aunt Barb died on mothers day last year from breast cancer so we participated in memory of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment