DAY 5 IN MAUI
Another wonderful day in Hawaii spent on the beach. Gareth and Mardie went on a scuba diving trip so we rented a cabana right on the beach. Dad and I got some boogie boards and got in the water! Dad didn't last for very long, but i could have been in there all day. I was trying to catch one last good wave and when i did, it was a GOOD one!!! The wave took me all the way up on the sand and retreated quickly leaving me on the beach by everyone watching. It was a perfect last wave. That night we went out for dinner and shopping.
The view from our cabana for the day
DAY 6 (the last day :( ) IN MAUI
We had the red eye flight leaving after 10pm, so we still had a whole day ahead of us! Again we started our day on the beach and swimming in the pool. The whale watching from the hotel beach was insane! The whales were very active and you could see them breaching all over the place! Literally every couple of seconds you would see a different whale blow or their tail. It was fun. We showered and went out for some more shopping. I know, i know. But, we got some good stuff. We got some shaved ice which was fabulous. There were so many ABC stores at every place we were, so I made a goal to go in every one we saw. Crushed it. It's crazy because there would be 2 on the same block. We finished our shopping agendas and went back to our hotel to pack. I had a lighter bag than my mom!!! I was pretty happy about that since i'm the over packer. We made our way to Cheeseburgers in Paradise for dinner and they may have been burgers, but they really were very good. The time came to leave unfortunately, so we headed to the airport. My parents were on a totally different flight than me. They left a little after 10pm and flew into LAX with an hour layover and then back to SLC by 10am. I flew out around 11pm and into Portland with a 3 hour layover and then home by 1pm.
Ok, so can i just mention how HORRIBLE my flight home was?! I had a window seat with a teenage boy and his mom next to me. This teenage boy decided I was a good pillow.... I was uncomfortable to begin with- i think the neck pillow i had was too big and made sleeping hard. So i took a dramamine to help me sleep. After maybe half an hour i woke up to said teenager with his head on my shoulder. So, i lean forward on my tray and his head flops behind me. HE IS OUT! So i just deal with it and lay on my tray for awhile and then BAM! His hand is on my head... You have to be kidding me. These shenanigans happened the whole flight. I didn't sleep more than 2 hours and weirdly woke up multiple times sure that i was going to throw up (which is odd since i had dramamine in my system....). The good news is that i was passed out for the flight from portland to slc. It's never fun to leave a vacation. Especially when your vacation is in 80 degree weather and it's in the 30's when you get home. Boo.
It was a wonderful trip to Hawaii. I was VERY lucky, blessed and fortunate enough to go. I'm so grateful to my aunt and uncle for allowing me to join their party and for helping me to enjoy Hawaii for my first time!
ALOHA!




No comments:
Post a Comment