November breezed by... I had my last day at Miller Motorsports Park. I thought i would cry, but i didn't. You always miss the people, not the job. Thanksgiving... it was alright. My mom and i headed out for "Grey Thursday" shopping. We went to walmart at 7:45. We got our stuff at 8 and were out of the store at 8:10. We headed to Target and waited in line until it opened at 9pm. Amazingly, we got everything we wanted at Target...even the xbox 360 with kinect for Christmas! We were out of there around 10:30pm and made one last stop to Shopko. Got everything we needed there and waited in line for an hour to check out. It was the worst part of the whole experience. We were home and in bed before midnight! We happen to be shopping pros!
My mom has purchased Christmas trees for the Larry Miller offices from Festival of Trees in the recent years, so she gets a buyers pass to the event the night before it opens to the public. It's a fun time to get dressed up and into the holiday spirit! It's also nice that you see it before everyone else and don't have a giant crowd to fight through.
The first week of December Ken came to visit hospitals and hopefully find a job here. One of the nights he was here we were able to go to a Jazz game! After the first quarter i sat with Ken on the second row! It was amazing! I've sat close, but that... So much fun!!!
So Kenny bought a truck while he was here and drove it back down to Texas. Because i'm living the "dream" and have no job, I was able to drive down with him and spend a week there! The drive.... It was horrible. It was 24 hours long. Yikes. We started around 6pm and stopped in denver at 3am. Got going the next day around 9am and got into Temple, Texas at 1am. Ken and i basically agreed to forget it happened and decided it was a dream. So, the first day in Texas the weather was so perfect! It was hot and a little humid. I was so looking forward to escaping the cold. Well, the rest of the week there was in the 50's. What the heck!? I was a little bummed.
I just love this family so much! Even the little dog too! :) We made and decorated sugar cookies, watched christmas movies, played lots of hide and seek and i loved every second of it. Natalie (ken's wife) is the definition of domestic. She cooks from scratch, sews amazingly well, keeps her house clean and is an amazing mom. She has a noodle maker for her kitchen aid so we made Ravioli...
I have wanted a kitchen aid for so stinking long. My mom has one, but i can't wait till i get married and can finally get one! Too bad the pasta making attachment is pricey! I'll have to save up. We also started a new Texas Tobler tradition. So dubbed, Texas caroling. Ken strung christmas lights in the bed of his new truck, we piled in and Natalie drove us around the neighborhoods as we sang christmas carols.
Natalie and I got to shop at the outlets and we got some amazing deals! I love family time. Back in the day taking my "love language" quiz, and my answer is quality time. I had so much fun and love them so much. It always hurts to leave. I got to know Charley a lot better and bonded with her.
I flew home friday morning so that i could go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert that night. It was hard to leave, but I have to say I was glad i went to the concert. It was FABULOUS! Literally, i bawled. I laughed. I cried. I clapped. AMAZING! The spirit was so strong and palpable.
Saw the temple square lights
Made Krumkake
Decorated a gingerbread house and made gingerbread cookies
The Christmas Village was up
The snow came just in time for Christmas
I enjoyed laying by the tree with my monkey slippers of course
Christmas morning pull apart happened and it was amazing
And i got the xbox with kinect!
So, we're all caught up now. Life is great, I have amazing family and wonderful blessings that I know come from my Heavenly Father. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
















Love it!!
ReplyDelete