Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OCTOBLER

It's one of the best months of the year!!!
Hooray!!!!

Crisp leaves, fresh apples, scary movies, pumpkin flavored everything, haunted houses, hot chocolate, costume preperation and vibrant colors!
I do miss the heat... I do enjoy fall, but i just love my summer and sun!
I'm pretty sure i live in the wrong state, but that could always change.
Anyway. What's been happening with me? WORK.
Once again, i've been working overtime every week.
I've gotten others hooked on octobler too...
I am very fortunate to have a father who can sing and just so happens to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He will be in for 5 years total and has completed about 2 1/2. Because of this, I am lucky enough to attend conference every 6 months. Its true I love staying home and being in pj's all day, but others would kill for an opportunity to go to conference and i get tickets every time. Why wouldn't i go?!
We went to the sunday afternoon session and Dad escaped for a break to see us before it started.
Mom and i had a mini photo shoot deal for grad pics for some magazine...or something? Anyway, here are a few showing how cute we are.
The Tough Mudder was at my work this past weekend. I was unable to see most of it, but heard a bunch of stories and caught the last obstacle of the race.
The strands hanging down are full of electricity and shock you if you touch them. Yeah. The other obstacles included a half pipe wall to run up, tunnels to crawl through and the "arctic enema".
It's been a difficult octobler for celebrating because of my lack of time and how tired i am after work and how early i go to bed...But, i've still had fun! Went to Castle of Chaos last weekend and it was a lot of fun! The group of guys i went with made me go first so I did get scared a few times, but i just love haunted houses and the excitement. I went to Asylum 49 (the old and haunted tooele hospital) last night with friends from work and that was fun too! The line took FOREVER, but we never saw another group so i guess that was the payoff. It was creepy and if you are looking for a haunted house to make you scared...that one will do it! Craziest of all, they had tons of kids working...like 7 year olds. Which helped with the creepy part, but who lets their young kids work at a haunted house on a weeknight till midnight? Anyway. That's my octobler so far. But, it's only halfway in!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. UVU should get those pictures of you and Barb and print them on all their pamphlets. I so want to do a mud run, it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete