Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Job

Alright. So, now that I've been at my new job for about 3 weeks, I figured I would tell you about it. So, i'm the event coordinator at Miller Motorsports Park. I get to drive 45 mins there and back everyday. I also have a golf cart. :) I am the only coordinator under the events manager and there are 2 events interns. I have my own desk, phone, computer, etc. So basically, the park has all these different driving schools: BOSS, mustang experience, teen driving, yamaha riding, etc. I'm in charge of keeping the catering and beverages taken care of. So, i am in charge of the drinks and  inventory it every week and stock the fridges multiple times a day. That may not sound like much, but it is. On top of that, I also work corporate events. Companies can come and do the go karts and have their meetings and meals at the track, so i make sure their room is set up, their food is ready, i take care of the transportation they need to get from karting to the museum to their meeting room. I give them my cell number so they call me whenever they have a question and i go running. I go to their karting portion of their event and we give out a champion award and a cone of shame award so i have to know who to give it to and i make a personal relationship with the clients. My schedule is normally 7am to 3pm...which means i wake up at 4:45 and leave the house at 6 to be there by 7. Yes, i'm a tired kid these days. I wake up early, work my brains out for 8 hours, come home and try to go to bed around 10, but that doesn't happen. This coming weekend is our first "major" event: The Utah Grand Prix and Nascar. So, i'll be at work for 11 hours saturday and sunday. Tooele is always windy too, which isn't a great situation with my hair...and bugs are everywhere. Especially when i'm driving the golf cart they fly into my face all day long and i pull them from out of....my cleavage.... Yeah, it's gross.  So, I love my job. Yes, i'm tired and hot and wind blown, but I'm doing what I love to do. Running around working events. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment