We're now to sunday: the first day of the convention....which is the reason we went to Florida in the first place.
It's a convention for small business owners and sunday morning/afternoon they had classes. I went to the social networking class, mom went to webfronts and dad went to...something else. haha.
After lunch we listened to the key note speaker. Then mom and I went to the pool while dad went to some more things. Mom and I spent a few hours basking in the sun and reading our books. Pure perfection.
This is the view from our lounge chairs. Gorgeous, right?
Then we decided to go to Dave and Busters for dinner and games. The food was...not great. But, oh well. We all played games after and had some fun.
Mom got pretty into the alien shooting game with dad....
Monday morning we spent at the convention. Except this day is was all booth hopping. Which means SWAG. Stuff We All Get. Thank you Michael Scott. So we went from booth to booth and watched Dad order things and make deals and such. It was actually kind of cool to see. We then decided that we should go to Epcot. There was an after 4pm pass that we bought and it turned out to be just right.
By the time we got there, all the fast passes for Soarin had been given out. Bummer. So, we started at the fast track ride which in my book was just eh. I thought it would be more than it was. So after that ride we went to Soarin and waited in the 80 minute line. I was pretty bored and we had these weirdos in front of us with these ladies who were picking at each others legs. gross. After soarin we decided to go on Mission: Space. We decided to take the "harder" flight path through space. It warned us about 6 times that if you have motion sickness, to leave now. Well, i don't have motion sickness. I can ride the craziest of the roller coasters and i love every second of it. So, we all continued on. We got into the simulator and saw the throw up bags....Uh oh. All through the ride i felt fine... except that i could feel my face moving all crazy... It was when we got off the ride that i did not feel right. So, we all sat down feeling a little...weird.
This is the before picture....clearly.....
After we found our feet, we decided to travel some more, see the sights. We walked through China.
And stopped in our native land of Norway for a boat ride and found some traditional headwear.
We also walked through Japan, Germany, France, Morocco, England and Italy.
We stayed for the fireworks show, which was pretty great. I love fireworks and I love that disney is there for me to fill this need. It was a great couple of days, and still to come is Magic Kingdom and the ocean!
No comments:
Post a Comment