Sunday, August 7, 2011

So much to post

Well, i'm posting this from the air conditioned comfort of my family room.
It's REALLY weird being back.
It's like the past 2 months never happened.
Back to life as normal...it's depressing.
I miss my fellow staff members so much!
Let's back up a little bit though....
We had a two week session with 12-15 year olds and it was the best two weeks of camp.
I have always loved that age of kids.
Let me start with the most miserable part of the past two months.
The heat. So, we had those heat advisories and everything and then the power went out.
JOY!!!
So, we couldn't be in the pool, the fans stopped in the cabins and we couldn't open the fridges for Popsicles, and we couldn't shower. It was a nightmare. I was an inch from breaking down completely.
Thankfully, i can look back now and say that i had a blast and that it was fun.
So that session ended and it was really hard to say goodbye to some of those campers.
Then, the first of august we had a 3 day session with 6-8 year olds. 
Time flew by and camp ended.
My heart would physically start to hurt everytime i thought about leaving.
After camp ended, i got the opportunity to go to Kirtland for a few hours.
It wasn't long enough, but i enjoyed it anyway.
After that, i went home with my co-counselor Jessie and fellow counselor Caroline.
The next day we woke up and met up with Katie, Josh, Jules and Tony and went to a gun range.
I shot my first gun! A 19 11 9mm and 45 mm. It was more fun than i expected.
After the gun range we went to Wild Water Kingdom- a local water park.
The 7 of us had so much fun. It was the best last day in Ohio i could have asked for.
We stayed up all night- my flight was at 6 am, so i was at the airport at 4:40.
I was exhausted the day i got home. Maybe 2 hours total of sleep in the plane/airport.
So, i get back to SLC and lose it when i see my dad. I think i was cried out when i saw my mom though.
Slept pretty much all day, saw a movie at night and then back to bed. Saturday i got up for an interview back at Provo Beach Resort, moved some stuff into my new apartment, met my new niece Tessa and then went boating on Utah Lake. It's been a fun couple of days home, and i'm thankful to be back and i do NOT miss the humidity...
But, I do miss Josh, Evan, Jessie, Caroline, Jules, Tony, Katie, Lisa and Robbie.
And now, for some lovely pictures. :)























I know there are a lot of details i have left out...and sadly i just don't have the energy to try to remember everything that has happened the past two weeks. Which is also unfortunate because i'm not sure i remember everything....
I have so many good memories, really great new friends, a stronger testimony of the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and a hope that i get to see my new friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment