Alright. I have a clear head right now.
It has been so hot.
I can't even explain how hot it has been.
About 100 degrees plus 80% or higher humidity.
GROSS!!!!!
We take cold showers and love every second of it; even though it takes our breath away at first.
Because there have been heat advisories we haven't been able to do any running.
That's hard to do in sports.
So, i have all these activity periods of sports with kids to teach and play,
and we can't do anything productive.
So, i'm left to entertain them for an hour and we cant move around much.
Been an interesting week.
One morning my boss informs me that instead of sports first period, i need to plan water games and i have about half an hour to get it ready.
Yeah. I threw stuff together and the kids loved it.
Of course, planned water activities always turn into a water fight.
I had about 3 gatorade jugs (like for football teams) dumped right on me (like they do for coaches).
I was drenched. I couldn't wear my shoes any more that day because they were so wet.
I wear atleast 2 shirts a day. I sweat all day long, so after lunch i need a new one.
Glad you know, huh?!
Anywho. So, this is a 2 week session and I have 13 year old girls.
There are two of them that are very high maintenance and they are startin to bug me.
SO BOY CRAZY!
My co-counselor and I play along with it and try to have fun.
Besides the killing heat, its been a good few weeks.
I'm having a good time with everyone here and I know I will be sad to leave them.
Shout out to Jessie, Kelly, Ashley, Evan, Lisa, Caroline, Jules, Josh, Robbie and Tony!!!
On the other hand...this heat has made me seriously ready to get home.
I just can't believe how fast time has gone. WEIRD!!!! I'll be home in a few weeks!
Oh, also.
That last post.
Yeah, the one with the picture of me with bird poop on my arm.
Funniest moment ever!
I'm standing as still as ever and i see a bird swoop low and i'm thinking, "wow, that's flying low". And then BAM! a splat hits my arm and i start laughing. I laugh for about 10 minutes. I start crying because i'm laughing so hard. And then, i tell everyone about it throughout the day and cry then too. FUNNY! It may be the heat...but i am going loopy. I laugh at everything; and i did this before, but i seriously lose it at the smallest things. I think we have a lot of funny kids this session. But, i'm going nuts. Brain Fried.
What else?
I have a billion bug bites on my legs. I'm constantly itching and it's annoying.
I must taste fabulous!
I can't really think of much else.
I like my job, i'm having fun, i'm working hard, and i feel like i'm helping, and i'm where i'm supposed to be.
What more could i seriously ask for?!

No comments:
Post a Comment