Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Being a mormon

I've had almost all of my co-workers ask me about my religion and what i believe and what i can and can't do.  There have been some funny questions. At the strawberry festival in Kirtland, a guy asked me about polygamy.  One of the british lads asked me about believing in Joseph smith and how he made up some sections of the book of Mormon.....seriously. Then another brit asked me if we had our own language. Could i say cocaine? Why can i go in the temple and not others? Things like that.  It's been fun to explain to others about my lifestyle and be a missionary.  So, i want everyone to know that i am so grateful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.  Everything i do for my religion is to bring me closer to Christ.  I don't drink or smoke or swear or watch rated r movies or dress immodestly or have sex before marriage.  To others this may seem extreme and crazy, but i am so grateful for these guidelines and the blessings that i receive for doing what the lord has asked of me.  I know 100% that this church is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that President Monson is the prophet of the church today.  My savior knows who I am and he loves me so much.  He has blessed me so much and he protects me everyday.  I know that because of the church that families can be together forever.  There is no till death do us part.  I get to be with my family for eternity and i couldn't be more grateful for such an amazing family and blessing.  To know more about my religion and what i believe, visit www.mormon.org

1 comment:

  1. Great testimony. I too know this Church to be the true Church of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete