Friday, June 7, 2013

Mile High and Twenty Five

So my mom and I went on a trip. I got a day off work and we flew to Denver. Unfortunately our flight was the same night as the second batch of Oklahoma tornados and our flight was delayed 2 hours. The plane we were supposed to get one didn't leave colorado until we were supposed to have landed in denver. Does that make sense? Anyway, we kept getting delayed and it was annoying.
See. It was lame.
The next morning we had an Anderson girls breakfast. We all met at Ihop and enjoyed the time together.
Of course we are missing a few Anderson women, but we had a good representation.
The rest of the day my mom and I spent at my Grandma and Grandpa's house cleaning and organizing. We went through closets and the basement and dusted and killed some spiders. I also got to listen to my amazing grandpa talk about some of his work and the things he's made. He is truly incredible and I don't think he will ever know how much I really look up to him. They took us to Outback or as we will now refer to it: the outhouse (my grandma accidentally called it that...) and the waiter was informed it was my birthday! So we got free dessert. Booyah for getting older!
 
The next day was sunday and my grandparents church is at 9 which is too early for them to get up and get ready by so we went to the 11am meeting and then went back to their place. The weather was perfect! We sat in their sun room and all went our seperate ways for a quick nap. After that we sat outside and facetimed with Ken, Nat and kids so that grandma and grandpa could see them. We then headed to my aunt and uncles (where we stay) for dinner. Monday morning arrives and it's a nice, beauitful, warm day and so mom and I got in the pool and lounged around in the morning before heading back to the grandparents. We cleaned out some more closets and had an early dinner before going back to pack and fly home.

 My grandma really wanted me to try on her old glasses
 The picture won't rotate... My grandpas shoes as a kid
The generation of hands
It was a wonderful weekend; nice to get away but really nice to be with family. I have been SO blessed with the family that I have. My immediate, but also my extended family is so wonderful!
Then a couple days after we got home it was my BIRTHDAY!!!! The big 2-5. I've honestly been kind of dreading it and feeling like i should be further along in life at 25, but i'm over that. I have done a lot and am happy with my life and still loving every adventure!
So I arrive at work on my birthday and my partner in crime (ashley - the other assistant) decorated my desk and bought me vanilla coke and snowballs. We talk about food all morning and Rachel Ray was making snowballs the day before and they looked goooood! I also had a card from everyone in my department and a girl brought in cupcakes!



A couple hours later i had a delivery of flowers from my wonderful brother and sister in law. A few hours LATER my dad came in with a boquet of balloons. An hour LATER the interoffice delivery gal brought in a gift for me from my mom. (One of the benefits of working for the same company as family). It was like little surprises all day long. It was fun.


After work i drove to City Creek and met my parents for dinner at Cheesecake Factory (yum!). I ordered some cheesecake as my birthday cake this year and it was and still is delicious!

After dinner we walked around and walked through some stores and headed home! My mom and I happened to be twinsies too!





No comments:

Post a Comment