The 4th of July is my favorite holiday.
I just love it! Last year i spent it in Ohio and had a great time.
I was excited to be home again, but found myself missing the festivities in OH.
Anywho: the morning of the 4th we had a grand ole breakfast!
Mom made star shaped and red and blue colored pancakes.
We also made dipped strawberries and firecracker cupcakes (pop rocks mixed with sprinkles).
With everyone at breakfast we took a group photo!
Aren't we all patriotic and adorable?!
After breakfast mom, dad, the hale family and I went to the Park City parade since Park City Mattress was a sponsor and we may have a "float" in next years parade. This parade soooo reminded me of the Ohio parade i went to. It didn't have any real floats. They were all just PC groups basically advertising. When i hear parade, i think of Provo's freedom festival which is just amazing. While the parade was fun, the parade was slightly a let down.
After the parade, we went back home and celebrated with "day time" fireworks which are pretty much just as fun as the night time ones.
Each year i "write something" with snakes. I've done UVU, Lar and last year my sister made an OH. This year i wrote MMP.
We relaxed and hung out until the neighborhood block party. My neighbor is a crafty woman and set up a patriotic photo booth....
We relaxed and enjoyed the great firework show! I know a lot of Utah was on fire at this point, but my neighborhood isn't in the mountains and we all water our lawns and are responsible. So, i love the giant fireworks and that we can enjoy more than just fountains.
What a great holiday! I love celebrating our nations independence and freedom with giant booms (that are thankfully nothing more than fireworks) and big, fiery lights!
No comments:
Post a Comment