Well folks, we've reached the last (sadly) day in Florida. We had a rental car for the day so we packed up all our stuff, loaded it in the car and headed for the Atlantic Ocean. Our plan was to go towards Cocoa Beach and we decided we had enough tourist sites, so we skipped cape canaveral. We ended up renting a few things: a couple beach chairs, an umbrella and two boogie boards. After some laying out and relaxing, dad and i tried the boogie boards.
It was so tiring, but so much fun! You would walk into the water and think you made so much progress, but one little wave takes you right back to shin deep water. So, it's a lot of pushing through waves, tasting salt water and little ride time. So, we were having fun when all of the sudden a wave crashed over me and i got the water in my eye. Salt water on contacts.....BAD NEWS!!! I was in so much pain! I was almost instantly in tears, so we headed back to shore to dry off. It was a short but sweet day at the beach. We had to be at the airport at 3ish. I just love the Ocean. It makes my soul happy and...i just love it. i would be there everyday if i could.
In other news: this is also the day i got a phone call. I got the job as an event coordinator at Miller Motorsports Park. :) So, i turned in my two weeks at Provo Beach Resort (Hallelujah chorus)! I worked and moved out of my apartment and the second week i wasn't scheduled so i drove with Elise to washington. That adventure will be in the next post!
cute braids!
ReplyDelete